Engineered wood flooring is a popular alternative to solid wood. With an extended lifespan of 25years, most people cannot tell the difference on close inspection. Utilising an engineered wood plank with a real wood surface, this is the perfect choice for those looking for good quality and affordable real wood flooring!!!
What is Engineered Wood Flooring?
This type of real wood flooring is engineered with a thick piece of hardwood on the surface with one or more extra reinforced layer(s) underneath for additional stability. Most of these products have edges that are cut into grooves to create a patent click system for easy installation. The way this floor is constructed makes it suitable for the installation of underfloor radiant heating systems. It is designed to allow heat to be penetrated through in a systematic but conventional way without over-disturbing the properties of the wood.
Benefits of installing Engineered Wood Floors
The following benefits justify the price you pay for these awesome looking eningeered wood floors, for a longer lasting impression.
- Made with Natural hardwood for the most authentic look;
- Multiple layers of real wood bonded together for increased strength and stability;
- High moisture resistance with tolerance to changes in humidity and varying temperatures;
- Suitable for underfloor heating;
- Simple installation with options: Glue, Nails or leaving afloat.
Why buy engineered wood flooring from Floors Direct?
Order a sample and you will see for yourself! We stock the best quality engineered wood floors in many styles at the lowest affordable prices. We promise you will not find a like for like product for a penny less and if you do will match the price before you make your purchase.
- Highest Quality Wood Flooring with a diverse range
- Lowest Prices with Price match promise
- Order Free Samples
- Large stocks available with fast delivery
Still in doubt? Order a sample today and see the quality finish and cross sectioned layers of the plank to appreciate the engineered composition of these quality flooring products.